Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fortress Of Solitude

I have come to the conclusion a good cry at school is ok once in a while. I had a student today decide she was going to "tattle" on the other studnets THREE SEATS OVER at what they were doing (she does this kind of thing offten) when she should be working on HER work at HER seat. At this point I put the blinders up and built her a "fortress of looky lues." That is to say I made it "imposible" to look at the other students around her.

As I am building my fortress of solitude the other students where like, "WHY DOES SHE GET THAT!" They all thought it was cool, they wanted to have a "fortress of solitude." Sadly the girl in the fortress (only three walls) did not. She cried.

Did this help? Nope, her attitude digresses, and I am sure there will be a meeting about how we do not put children in a "fortress of solitude" even though they are bothered, and continue to bother those around them...

No comments: