Thursday, November 09, 2006

Do You Work Here?

There is an ongoing joke about my "status" as a teacher at my work. Incoherent is a lady at our work that basically runs "looking" like she is "working" but in reality is wasting space. Most of what she says is incoherent. She is an aide at our school.

Last Friday she walks in with visitors (we always have visitors checking us out) and is asked by one of the visitors, "Is he (refering to me) a teacher?" So, with full class in swing, she turns around and asks in a normal loud speaking voice (she is ALWAYS loud), "Are you a teacher?"

I looked at her a little stunned (stupid) and ask, "What do mean?"

"I mean are you a teacher or what? Are you a certified teacher?"

"Ah, yes, with over 10 years of schooling and two masters I would say I am a certified teacher."

"Oh," she says.

She then turns to the visitors, "Yes, he is a teacher."

So being as Stunned Stupid as I am by Incoherent's questions I was laughing to my coworkers about this. At which one point now in the halls when I make a comment the response always is "Dude, you don't even work here...."

--

On A funny note of today The King speaks gibberish! An email came across my computer and his (cc:) at which point The King entered my room. I told him I have NO IDEA what that email means! He responds, "It's ok, I took care of it, I speak gibberish!"

I am glad there are some who understand the gibberish of emails. And as I am finishing this he reminds me that I am not even a teacher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha thats funny... i like that story